The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum


 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Worst Games EVER!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zargata
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 27
Location : CORN!

PostSubject: The Worst Games EVER!   Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Have you ever played a video game, and REGRET playing it?!

I'll kick things off,

One game I've played that I just couldn't stand was Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World!
Just to clarify, I LOVE the original game, thats why I got Dawn of the New World.

Things I like:

Improved battle system, returning characters, seeing the 'New' World.

I mean it's a good game at it's core.

Things that ruin it for me:

EMIL! GAH! I mean, I like the idea, but it was not done right. I hated the character, I hated how much
he complained through the entire game. I had no respect for the character and the worst ending, in
retrospect, seemed like the best ending possible.

So yes, that is the only time a single character had made me loath a game I would have loved otherwise!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Max Magnus
Knight
Knight
avatar

Posts : 81
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : CANADA, SNOW YALL.

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:26 am

ToS: DotNW was much much worse then ToS, for many reasons, but it was still a decent game on a RPG-lacking Wii...

I know I didn't enjoy playing Star Fox Command on Nintendo DS.

I bought the game because I absolutely loved Star Fox 64... but what I got was horrible =(

Good points

Didn't play long enough to find any, it really sucked.

Bad Points
  • Stylus only controls: Yes, everything except shooting lasers involved doing maneuvers with the DS... I'd find myself completely confused as to how am I supposed to aim, drive the ship AND do barrel rolls at the same time while dropping a bomb on the minimap using the stylus at the same time.
  • Tactical style: I love SRPGs, I really do. This was a fail attempt at putting SRPG elements into what should be a space shooting frenzy. You move your "units" around (I had Fox and Slippy) around the minimap and then they can meet enemies and engage in "Battles". Just adding a level of complexity that shouldn't be there... that and Slippy sucks, I don't wanna control that n00b =(
  • Combat system: In these "battles" is a TIME LIMIT, and you don't have that many chances to increase your "time bar" during the mission, so you'd better win, and you'd better do it fast. I had done the mission pretty well, but I found myself given a whole 30 seconds to kill both Star Wolf enemies. If anybody's playing the N64 version, they can be hard enough without insanely small time limits and bad controls, so this is just making things worse.


Only game in my lifetime that I brought back to EBGames/Gamestop for a discount on something else, because it sucked, and it sucked bad.


Last edited by Max Magnus on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zargata
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 27
Location : CORN!

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:01 pm

Ugh, Star Fox Command. =_=

As a huge Star Fox fan, I really wanted to like the game, but it's so bad!

Why, WHY!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Tobyus
Fighter
avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: ALL NEW SHOOTERS   Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 am

I'm done. I'm done with shooters, I'm done with the realistic killing, and shooting, and killing. And shooting, and running, and shooting, and shooting some more. They used real imagination to create Ogre Battle. Not just attached guns and knives to everything and say go kill. Go shoot. Horrible violence is accepted in video games for kids. I have detached myself from modern day gaming warfare for this reason. I get whooped by 5 year old kids playing modern day shooters online. It's over for me, I stick with old school, I stick with Ogrebattle, I'm done trying to fit in with today's "shoot you in the back of the head every time" gaming society.

so be it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zargata
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 27
Location : CORN!

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 am

Tobyus wrote:
I'm done. I'm done with shooters, I'm done with the realistic killing, and shooting, and killing. And shooting, and running, and shooting, and shooting some more. They used real imagination to create Ogre Battle. Not just attached guns and knives to everything and say go kill. Go shoot. Horrible violence is accepted in video games for kids. I have detached myself from modern day gaming warfare for this reason. I get whooped by 5 year old kids playing modern day shooters online. It's over for me, I stick with old school, I stick with Ogrebattle, I'm done trying to fit in with today's "shoot you in the back of the head every time" gaming society.

so be it

I gave Team Fortress 2 a try once. Its a good game, no doubt, but my reaction time was so slow that I couldn't even beat anything even when I played against computer characters.

But I do watch my brother play all the time. It does look fun if you know the rules and how to play it. But between the children spamming the voice chat, and constantly being killing, I fail to see how to enjoy the game.

Also I played Halo Reach or something once. Kind of entertaining, but for the fact that it never ended!

So I can see your point. Shooters have an appeal, but it's nothing I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2011-05-08
Age : 19
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:22 am

Zargata wrote:
Shooters have an appeal, but it's nothing I enjoy.
Really? a shooter-based game I tend to enjoy is the Uncharted series.I like how the story mixes fantasy and traditional shooting(unlike call of duty). It also has a very good touch of feeling as it therefore lets the player get somehow attached to the character.
NOTE:most fictional stuff appears towards the end of the game as the main character uncovers the mysteries of the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zargata
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 27
Location : CORN!

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 am

gallant for action! wrote:
Zargata wrote:
Shooters have an appeal, but it's nothing I enjoy.
Really? a shooter-based game I tend to enjoy is the Uncharted series.I like how the story mixes fantasy and traditional shooting(unlike call of duty). It also has a very good touch of feeling as it therefore lets the player get somehow attached to the character.
NOTE:most fictional stuff appears towards the end of the game as the main character uncovers the mysteries of the story.

Well I heard lots of good things about Uncharted. Well let me clarify what I mean by 'shooter'.

I define shooter as a game that's main focus is the FPS. These include, for me; Halo, Call of Duty, Serious Sam, Team Fortress, etc.

Puzzle shooters, rail shooters etc, are different IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
gallant for action!
Knight
Knight
avatar

Posts : 69
Join date : 2011-05-08
Age : 19
Location : TX

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm sorry if I misunderstood by what you said by shooter. Embarassed I guess you meant first person shooters.
On that note I dont quite actually enjoy shooters, but they do however get exiting with the explosions and other stuff. they just dont fill those good ol' feelings met through a game such as the legend of Zelda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zargata
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 250
Join date : 2010-06-15
Age : 27
Location : CORN!

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:45 pm

gallant for action! wrote:
I'm sorry if I misunderstood by what you said by shooter. Embarassed I guess you meant first person shooters.
On that note I dont quite actually enjoy shooters, but they do however get exiting with the explosions and other stuff. they just dont fill those good ol' feelings met through a game such as the legend of Zelda.
Indeed, but then again Zelda is a whole other can of worms! xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://OgreBattle.Weebly.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Worst Games EVER!   

Back to top Go down
 
The Worst Games EVER!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ogre Battle 64 Archive Forum :: Gaming Discussion :: General Video Game Discussion-
Jump to: